Time & Attendance can automatically generate missing intermediate punches when an employee is scheduled to work consecutive shifts but does not punch out and back in between shifts. This means the system will create punches for the back-to-back shifts accordingly.
Two shifts are considered to be consecutive shifts when they are scheduled within the minimum time interval that you set in the feature's settings.
For example, if you set the minimum interval to 15 minutes, a shift ending at 19:00 and another shift starting at 19:15 will be considered as consecutive shifts in Indigo.
Now, if the employee did not clock out from the first shift and then clock in to the next shift (but instead resumed worked under one clocking), the system will create auto-generate clockings for the shifts.
To use this feature, it must first be enabled.
To enable automatic generate intermediate punches:
- In the left sidebar of Indigo, click on Payroll.
- In the Main section, click on Settings.
- Click on Time and Attendance in the left sidebar, and then click Automatically generate intermediate punches.
- Click on Edit (pencil icon) in the functions bar.
- Click the Enable Automatically Generate Intermediate Punches box.
- Enter the minimum interval in minutes, and then click Save.
Please note that:
- The system will notify you if you attempt to delete a clocking which is or is part of an auto-generated clocking. If you delete the auto-generated clocking, Time & Attendance will recalculate the previous and next clocking accordingly.