What are Employment Types?
Employment Types refer to an Employee's category e.g. Student, Reduced Hours, ... Each category may have different Social Security Contribution levels and Statutory Bonuses accordingly.
What are Employment Types used for?
Employment Types determine how employees pay Social Security Contribution (SSC) and receive their statutory bonuses.
Adding a new Employment Type
To add a new employment type click on Employment Types from the Main Screen followed by the Insert icon.
- Code: A unique code for the employment type
- Type: Description of the employment type
- Social Security Category: Choose the type of social security contribution pertinent to this profile.
- Hourly pay: Select if employee is paid hourly
- Statutory Bonus percentage: For employees entitled to a percentage of statutory bonus, enter percentage here.
- Pro-rata bonus: Check box to work out statutory bonus as a pro-rata to hours worked.
Once ready, click on the Save icon to commit changes.
Editing Existing Employment Types
To edit an existing Employment Type, highlight the employment type by clicking once on the respective row and click the Edit button.
Deleting Existing Employment Types
To delete an existing Employment Type highlight the employment type and click on delete.
Didn't find what you're looking for? Drop us a message by clicking on the chat button on the bottom right side of the screen!