What are Work Schedule Profiles?
A work schedule profile defines the attributes of the different working hours full-timers, part-timers and reduced-hours employees work.
What are Work Schedule Profiles used for?
This information is used to work out pro-ratas, including Leave Entitlements and statutory bonuses. From Work Schedule Profiles in the Payroll tab, you can view all existing Work Schedule Profiles, edit them, and create new ones.
The animation below illustrates how to set up a new work schedule profile. Read on below for a step-by-step guide for this.
How to create a new work schedule profile
From the Payroll tab, go to "Work Schedule Profiles."
To add a new work schedule profile click on Work Schedule Profiles from the Main Screen followed by the Insert icon.
The following are some standard columns used for Work Schedule Profiles. These can be changed as necessary using the Column Selector Tool:
- Code: A unique reference code for the work schedule profile.
- Profile Type: Description of the work schedule profile being created.
- Full-Time Weekly Equivalent: The equivalent amount of hours a full-timer works in one week. If the profile being set up is for a full-timer, enter the full-time hours.
- Fixed Day Schedule: Check box if the same days are worked each week.
- Flexible Hours: Check box if working hours differ from one week to the next.
- Weekly Hours: The number of hours worked in one week. If the profile being set up is for a full-timer, enter the full-time hours.
- Average Daily Hours: The average number of hours worked in one day
- Work on Public Holidays: Check this box to include public holidays as working days.
- Pro-Rata Leave Entitlement: Check box to work out leave entitlement as a pro-rata to hours worked.
- Pro-Rata Extra Hours: Allocate leave as a pro-rata on actual hours worked
- With ONLY Pro-Rata Leave Entitlement checked, Pro-Rata Leave will be calculated for ALL hours worked by an employee. This should be used for those that work irregular hours, and hence which do not have ANY leave assigned to them.
- With BOTH Pro-Rata Leave Entitlement and Pro-Rata on Extra Hours Only checked, Pro-Rata Leave will be calculated on any extra hours worked above the employee's normal schedule.
Note: Pro-Rata on Extra Hours Only cannot be checked by itself.
Working Days and Hours for the profile can be assigned through the "Details" tab in the top right.
These details are used by Indigo to calculate leave, pro-rata entitlements, and other such calculations. They can be created, edited or deleted as per normal functionality of Indigo, using the buttons in the toolbar.
Editing existing Work Schedule Profiles
To edit existing Work Schedule Profiles, highlight the profile by clicking once on the respective row and click the edit button, or double-clicking on the row itself.
Deleting existing Work Schedule Profiles
To delete existing Work Schedule Profiles, highlight the profile and click on delete.
Didn't find what you're looking for? Drop us a message by clicking on the chat button on the bottom right side of the screen!