To pay tax on an amount which is not part of the gross pay, as might be the case with alimony, 

  • Enter the amount on which tax is to be paid as a pre-tax adjustment. A separate Pay Item should be created for this purpose.

  • Calculate the payroll in full, ensuring the employee paying the tax is included.

  • Next, remove the pre-tax Pay Item adjustment. Kindly note recalculating the payroll will remove the tax amount and the process would have to be repeated.


Didn't find what you're looking for? Drop us a message by clicking on the chat button on the bottom right side of the screen!

Did this answer your question?