Before setting up an advanced payroll, you need to set up a standard payroll on which the advanced payroll will be based. The base payroll must not be finalised.
To set up an advanced payroll:
- In the left sidebar of Indigo, click Payroll.
- In the Main section, click Payrolls.
- Click on the payroll period for which you want to make an advance payroll (the non-advanced payroll should already be created normally). Do not double-click on the payroll period.
- Click on the Advanced Payment button at the far-right end of the functions bar.
- Enter the details of the advanced payroll in the pop-up window.
- Click Submit.
The new advance payroll will appear in your list of payrolls.
You can now open and run the advanced payroll in the same way you run a normal payroll period.
The calculated totals for employee in the advanced payroll will be deducted in the standard payroll which the advanced payroll was created from.
Please note that only one advanced payroll can be linked to an existing standard payroll period.