What is a Statutory Bonus?
Statutory bonuses are any bonuses prescribed by the state to all working individuals.
What are Statutory Bonuses used for?
Under Maltese legislature, there are 4 total bonuses in a year, allocated as follows:
End of June bonus: €135.10
End of December bonus: €135.10
End of March bonus: €121.16
End of September bonus: €121.16
More information can be found on the Department of Industrial & Employment Relations here: https://dier.gov.mt/en/Employment-Conditions/Wages/Pages/Bonus-and-Weekly-Allowances.aspx
Bonuses can be worked pro-rata, depending on the hours worked by the employee.
Before creating a statutory bonus, a pay item must be created.
Adding a new Statutory Bonus
To create a new statutory bonus, click on Statutory Bonuses from the Main Screen followed by the Insert icon.
- Description: A short description of the bonus
- Amount: The full bonus amount
- Date from: Start of the bonus period
- Date to: End of the bonus period
- Trigger date: Date bonus is payable on
- Deduct unpaid leave: Exclude unpaid leave from total hours worked. This should be always be ticked when awarding bonuses prescribed under Maltese legislature.
- Bonus pay item:: The Pay Item this bonus is linked to.
- Bonus pay item description: A description of the pay item
Editing an existing Statutory Bonus
To edit an existing statutory bonus, highlight the bonus by clicking once on the respective row and click the Edit button.
Deleting an existing Statutory Bonus
To delete an existing statutory bonus highlight the bonus and click on delete.
Didn't find what you're looking for? Drop us a message by clicking on the chat button on the bottom right side of the screen!