To create a new shift you need to be in the Shift Presets screen. Once there just click on '+ New Shift' the system will create a new blank record to enter details.
- Shift Preset Name - This is a mandatory field and will describe the shift name and how you will be addressing it
- Timings - Description of the Time In and Time Out of the shift. Click here for details on the different states that this can be. The six different types of states, namely are :
- In/out range tolerance - This will be only available when Attendance type is selected. It defines the amount of tolerance that an employee can punch before or after for Time In or Time Out punches. When the employee punches between the Time In and this tolerance the system won't give you any exception.
- Work time amount tolerance - This is the excess of Work Time Amount to be ignored by the system. Eg. If the Work Time Amount is of 8 hours and you have a Positive tolerance of 1 hr, then the employee works for 8.75hrs the system will not give any exception. On the other hand if the employee exceeds 9hrs (8hrs+1hr tolerance), the system will give an exception as he exceeded the 9 hours. The Negative tolerance will work the other way, if the employee has a 30minute tolerance and the employee works only 7 hours the system will give an exception.
- Assign rewards & penalties - From here you assign the Awards or Penalties that this shift can have. You can have more than one.
- Shift Accessibility - This is used to assign this shift to either specific employees or group of employees according to Occupations / Cost Centres / Organisation Groups
- Shift preset Cost Centre - This is the default cost centre that will be assigned as a cost to this shift
- Description - A description related to the shift to be easily identifiable or to enter remarks that describe it. You can set the Name as the code of the shift and the Description to describe it