The Attendance Exception screen has four sections: the date selector, employee information, attendance issues, and the toolbar to amend attendance issues. Read below to find more details on each section.
Before attendance data can be recorded and later sent to Indigo Payroll for payroll calculations, your clocking device must be synced with Indigo Time & Attendance or you must import clocking data manually. Each employee must be marked as a "T&A Employee in their profile, and they must each be assigned with at least one cost centre and a work schedule group.
To open the Attendance Exception screen:
- In the left sidebar of Indigo, click Time and Attendance.
- In the Main section, click Resolve attendance exceptions.
Choose a range of dates to see attendance exceptions which occurred during the selected time period.
To select a range of dates, click the start date, and then the last date of the period you wish to see.
Click the date selector again to close the calendar.
From left to right, you will find:
- The Date the attendance issue was recorded.
- The Employee’s name and code.
- The employee’s Occupation.
- The Cost Centre assigned to that employee.
Every attendance issue is recorded by the date it occurred. A single employee can appear in the Attendance Exceptions screen more than once if they had multiple attendance exceptions within the selected dates.
Click the column headers to sort the data according to that column.
Here you will find the type of attendance exception that has occurred with a particular employee.
The Absences column shows the amount of time an employee failed to clock in for their shift.
- Absence balance shows the total amount of absence time yet to be allocated for that shift.
- Absence total shows the total amount of absence time the employee had for that shift.
The Excess Time column shows the duration of time in which an employee clocked out after their shift's time out range.
- Excess Balance shows the total amount of excess time yet to be allocated for that shift.
- Excess Total shows the total amount of excess time the employee had for that shift.
The Attendance column shows the amount of time the employee attended their shift.
The Exceptions Tags are colour-coded markers to help you see attendance issues at a glance.
Click any of these column headers to sort the data in numerically or alphabetically ascending or descending orders.
The pen icon opens the Allocations window where you can resolve the attendance issue.
The toolbar contains, from left to right:
- A search bar. Click the magnifying glass button to open the search bar.
- Filters, where you can apply multiple filters at once to find specific data points.
- The Exceptions dropdown menu, which allows you to select unresolved attendance exceptions.
- Send to Payroll, which allows you to send the current attendance calculations to your Indigo Payroll calculations.
- File, where you can select to recalculate attendance allocations after applying changes or import clocking data.
- Settings, where you can select to show or hide additional columns.