How to Apply for Leave
1. To apply for leave, click the Apply button as located in the Out of Office widget.
2. This will open the Apply For Leave window, which displays a weekly calendar as shown below.
3. To view a different date range, select the appropriate dates using the From and To fields as highlighted in the screenshot above. The screen will update with the selected date range automatically.
4. To appy for leave, click on the plus icon on the top right of the day you wish to take leave.
5. This will open the form you need to fill in so as to apply for leave.
Applicant: This is your name. Leave will be applied for under this name. This field is for information purposes only.
Date From: Date from which your current leave request starts.
Date To: The last date of your current leave request. If you are applying for 1 day, this should be the same as your 'Date from'.
Leave Group*: If applying for leave as a group, select the leave group you are applying for. Available groups depend on the types supported by the company.
Leave Type: If applying for leave as a type. select the leave type you are applying for. Available types depend on the types supported by the company.
Leave Hour Schedule: This field is for information purposes only and shows the leave schedule assigned to you.
Leave Hour Schedule Detail: Select the leave schedule as available per company policy.
*Leave Groups are a grouping method for similar types of leave that make it easier to apply for leave. As an example, Leave Groups can group together this year's Vacation Leave along with any vacation leave carried forward from last year, ensuring that the one that expires first is used first. Leave groups and types are configured by your company according to internal policies and procedures.
6. Enter any reference numbers and/or remarks and click Submit to submit your leave request.
Applying for Sick Leave on behalf of other staff
Another handy feature of the Out of Office widget is that it allows you to apply for and approve Sick leave on behalf of other employees. Note: this has to be enabled for you by your administrator.
1. Click on the Sick button in the Out of Office widget.
2. A box will pop up titled Sick Leave Request Audit, showing any sick leave requests pending your approval and three options below the list.
a. Approving or declining sick leave: click on the plus icon next to the employee's name to see any remarks and their home address. The entry will display the date, employee's name, and affected shift hours. Click on Approve or Decline on the right of the entry accordingly, and then click the Submit button below the list.
b. Applying for sick leave on behalf of an employee: click on the Create Leave button at the bottom of the Sick Leave Request Audit box. The Apply for Sick Leave form will come up. Fill this in and press Submit. (The fields in this form are the same as those explained in point 5 of How to Apply for Leave further up, the only difference being that you enter the employee's name in the Applicant field instead of your own.)
Booking leave for employees in the Leave page of Indigo
You can also use the Leave page to book leave for your employees.
To do this, open the Leave in Indigo, and then click on the + (plus) icon in the functions bar. You can then choose the employee and the leave which they will take.