We are pleased to present today's Indigo Suite update -- version 220.127.116.11 -- with some new functionalities for the Time & Attendance module, each designed to help you better manage attendance records for your company.
Your Indigo system has also received further security enhancements against XSS attacks and several enhancements to payroll reports in Indigo Payroll. Visual fixes have been made across the system, too.
We have a lot to offer you in this update, and we invite you to take a look below and discover how Indigo can simplify your attendance and payroll management!
Proximity - let Indigo build your Scheduler for you
The Proximity feature in Time & Attendance populates your Scheduler on your behalf by using actual clocking data that you import into the system. This means that you can build your Scheduler by importing clocking data into Indigo.
Proximity works by comparing an employee's first clock-in time of the day against the nearest timings of the shift presets in your system in order to determine which shift to allocate to the employee. When an approximate shift is identified, Indigo will allocate that shift for the employee in the Scheduler.
Proximity also helps you make adjustments to your already built Schedulers, in the case where shift presets have been modified or shift allocations have been rearranged.
The manual allocation of shifts by proximity caters for situations when, after you have already imported attendances, you have changed shift tolerances, timings, rewards related to shift presets, new shift presets and employee group filter adjustments. It is a useful tool to use when you need update your Scheduler because of changes to shift data.
Here are articles to get you started with Proximity:
- The Proximity feature and how to enable it.
- Configuring shift presets for Proximity.
- Allocating shifts in your Scheduler using Proximity.
- Warning messages follow shift allocation by proximity.
Updated Clockings tab - an easier way to see and modify punches
The Clocking tab in the Allocations pop-up window has been improved to now group the dates of the employee's clockings. This UI optimization groups punches by dates, which is a helpful change for seeing where Indigo has allocated a missing punch. You will know whether a missing punch in was allocated to the previous or current day in your allocations window.
Shift details -- including the shift name, attendance times, break times -- are presented more clearly in the right side of the window.
Attendance profile and dynamic break rules support
You can now create dynamic break times for employees in your system, an especially useful feature to be used for employees whose break hours stem from the amount of time that they work.
This process works by the system checking the attendance duration of an employee, and then allocating the break times to the employees accordingly. This affects payroll calculations as it will ensure that the system will not calculate pay for break hours.
Learn how to set up dynamic break timing rules for your Indigo system in this article.
Indigo Platform enhancements
- We have further improved the security of the system to scan for XSS attacks. You can read about how we protect you against XSS attacks in this article.
Indigo Payroll enhancements
- We have improved column alignment in detailed payroll reports to help avoid values from being split across different levels in your reports.
- Denied leave cancellation requests are listed as approved leave requests in the leave history report.
Indigo Payroll fixes and improvements
- In Payroll > Calculation Settings, the "Grouped Basic Hours" and "Grouped Overtime Hours" field descriptions have been changed to "Group basic hours for SSC calculation" and "Show grouped overtime hours in payslip", respectively.
- Character limits in the remarks section of payslips have been removed. Payslips will now hold as much text as possible from global or individual payslip remarks.
- When exporting grid data from the pay items tab of the payrolls page, only the pay items relevant to the selected payroll will be exported.
- Issues when choosing the "Cancel leave after termination" option when terminating an employee have been fixed (choosing this option was cancelling leave on the termination day as well). Additionally, you will be notified if any approved leave or other transactions for the employee are scheduled beyond the termination date.
- An issue where the three-day sick benefit count was resetting when the sick leave spanned across two payroll periods. This is fixed; sick benefit contributions are deducted as expected.
- Reported calculation issues in detailed payroll reports have been fixed. There were instances where negative FSS gross amounts were showing in detailed payroll reports.
- A UI fix (proper character spacing) to the Sort Order dropdown menu in the payroll report setup panel has been made.
- Grouping employees by employment type in payroll reports works correctly as expected.
- Grouping values by the same grouping options on two different levels in payroll reports produces an error message as expected.
- Analysis code options removed from all payroll report setup panels except for the totals payroll report type. Analysis code options are only used for total payroll reports and thus the options are visible only for this report setup.
- The cost reallocation option only appears for the payroll totals report as expected. (Cost reallocation is an option for payroll total reports when Cost Centre is selected under Group Level 1.)
- Reallocation of costs in the payroll totals report have been fixed to provide the correct values.
- Validation issues preventing a termination date from being entered for an employee have been fixed.
- Total hour calculation errors in split and merged payslips caused by inserting basic hours as "replace" in the payroll calculation page have been fixed.
- Issues with system filters that were preventing one from generating a leave history report have been fixed.
Indigo Time & Attendance fixes and improvements
- Fixes to the date ranger filter in the Clockings Data page have been made. New clocking records dated outside the selected range will not be shown as expected.
- There was a bug where resolving one issue in the Scheduler would remove issue labels from all shifts in the Scheduler. This has been fixed.
- When you use the quick edit tool in the Scheduler, the system will correctly produce an error message to warn when there are timing errors in the shift.
- The Clocking Data page loads the previous two weeks' clocking data (from the current day) by default when opened.
- There was an issue where the "mandatory in" and "mandatory out" fields in the quick edit panel of an allocated shift were not visible when the user went to edit these fields. This has been fixed.
- We fixed a bug where the total time of a shift in the clocking data page was shown despite a clocking in time, a clocking out time, or both were missing.
- Some visual and UI issues in the Scheduler have been fixed: issues with the replace shift lookup display, the filter bar, and the cost centre list in the quick edit panel.